Subject: ncurses install problem
From: [email-masked] (David Ascher)

17 Nov 1997 14:44:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I'm having a problem installing ncurses.  I've tried 1.9.9g and 4.1, and
both give the same problems.  I'd appreciate some help...

I'm using the latest coolview, b18, NT, with the GNUWIN stuff on an NTFS
partition, "no-mixed,text!=binary".

configure, make works fine, until the compilation of the
misc/terminfo.src file, at which point all of the entries with "use=..."
in them fail, e.g.:

"/tmp/12312", line 12312, terminal 'ep40': resolution of use=ep4080 failed

including the one for linux.  Regardless of what I do to the terminfo
directory (e.g. put in a known to work on other machines 'compiled' linux
entry), running ncurses or any of the other test programs always yields:

  bash-2.01$ ./ncurses.exe
  Error opening terminal: linux.

(TERM is set to linux).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is messing up less, vim,
etc...

--david

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".