Subject: Creating a dll problem.
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

16 Nov 1997 19:35:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Gnu Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>

I have a number of C libraries that I want to make into a dll that can
be callable from VB5.
I created a DEF file called mylib.def

I ran dlltool as follows,

dlltool --def mylib.def --output-exp mylib.exp --dllname mylib.dll

I then tried to create the mylib.dll using,

gcc -o mylib.dll libmy1.a libmy2.a -dll -mrtd

I then get the error,

e:\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\../
.../../../i386-cygwin32\lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x54):libcmain.
cc: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

What am I doing wrong (or even right)?

The libmy1.a and libmy2.a are simple C modules performing normal C
processing. (I have even performed the above with a couple of dummy
modules that just add a number).

Ian Collins. 
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".