Subject: Problem after installation.
From: [email-masked] (Igor Kaplan)

16 Nov 1997 14:45:05 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.95.971116173738.1362A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@hornet>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I have downloaded and installed the sygwin32 program. During
installation everything went fine and I even succeeded to compile
and run a simple program. After that I tried to do tar -xzf
some_file.tar.gz and got this error message:

(C:\GCC\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN\TAR.EXE 1001) forkee heap_init:
unable to allocate heap, win32 error 8
cygwin: terminating
fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 1
tar: Cannot fork: No more processes

During the installation I followed exactly all instractions in
faq. I have all /tmp and /bin mounted properly and all
environment variables set:
set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=c:\gcc\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
set path=c:\windows;d:\batch;c:\gcc\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;c:\gcc\tcl\bin
set tcl_library=c:/gcc/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
set GDBTK=c:/gcc/share/gdbtcl

I will so much appriciate, if somebody can tell me, what I did
wrong. The same error message I get when I try to run anything
under bash. Under command.com I can run one single utility.
  Thanks a lot.  Igor.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".