Subject: Re: fork2
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

16 Nov 1997 08:26:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: David Fox <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> It appears to me that using OpenNT will add upwards of $1000 to the
> price of each copy of the resulting shrink-wrapped application.

Not based on any reading of the price list I've been able to make. And
any vendor of a shrink-wrapped app who would like to investigate the use
of OpenNT should contact [email-masked] to find out what the actual
price would be to bundle.

> This
> doesn't seem like a viable option for the typical Windows application.

The typical Windows application is written to Win32, anyway. The
relevant model is the typical Unix application brought over to Windows.
The disparity between Unix-app pricing and Win-app pricing is
well-known; there's a lot of room for a ported Unix app to get cheaper
than its Unix-side cousin.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems Inc.
http://www.opennt.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".