Subject: Re: Pentium bug
From: [email-masked] (Peter Dalgaard BSA)

16 Nov 1997 05:53:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Cc: root <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Alex <[email-masked]> writes:

> Last I heard the two patches/fixes available had major pitfalls.  From
> what I've seen, I'd agree.  The Linux fix is an ugly hack, and the BSDI
> one (last I saw), forgot all about vm86 mode. *yich*.  I hope (but doubt)
> that MS will incorporate a better fix into 95 NT and 98.

Last I've seen, the Linux "hack" was identical to the official Intel
workaround... 

-- 
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3  
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N   
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([email-masked])             FAX: (+45) 35327907
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".