Subject: OemToCharBuffA etc.
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Nichols)

15 Nov 1997 18:05:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I'm now trying to link with the Bullet database engine (
http://www.40th.com ) which is written in assembler, and apparently
references Win32 API functions: copying the COFF format .lib file to
libxbstat.a, and compiling a 10 line prog that uses a function in this
library, gives:

gcc -o test.exe test.c -luser32 -DPLATFORM=ON_WIN32  -L. -lxbstat
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0x70f):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`CharUpperA@4'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xade):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`OemToCharBuffA@12'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xae9):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`CharUpperBuffA@8'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xafb):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`CharToOemBuffA@12'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xcfe):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`OemToCharBuffA@12'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xd07):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`CharUpperBuffA@8'
../libxbstat.a(XBDOSFN.OBJ)(CODE+0xd11):XBDOSFN.ASM: undefined reference to
`CharToOemBuffA@12'
GCC.EXE: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

These are defined in the gnu-win32 headers, but I can't find them in the
libraries - am I doing something stupid, or are these functions missing?

Thanks,
Regards,
Tom.

PS: This is one seriously fast database. Using dBase IV / V compatible data
files, a test app added 1 million keyed records with a compound key (on a
trusty old P100 32Mb) in under 2 minutes, and did 1 million key lookups
(retrieving the data record into a buffer) in 28 seconds. Ouch.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".