Subject: Re: Pentium bug
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

15 Nov 1997 16:21:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: root <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, root wrote:

> For Linux users, it may be interesting to know that Linus Torwalds has added
> a patch to Linux that solves the newly discovered bug with a software
> correction as proposed by Intel.

Last I heard the two patches/fixes available had major pitfalls.  From
what I've seen, I'd agree.  The Linux fix is an ugly hack, and the BSDI
one (last I saw), forgot all about vm86 mode. *yich*.  I hope (but doubt)
that MS will incorporate a better fix into 95 NT and 98.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".