Subject: Re: On the subtleties of using _beginthread to implement fork
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

14 Nov 1997 20:19:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Bartlee A. Anderson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>As I'm a not quite yet a beginning programmer ;)
>Could you esplain thum of those missing functions and exaxtly
>what they would have to do, so that this may be implemented and tested.
>Rather than left as a trivial exercise for the reader.

Could I explain them?  No.  Sorry.  Once I realized how brilliant my
fork implementation was, I sent it off to the patent office.  They
immediately sent it to the FTC who forwarded it to the Defense Department.

I'm afraid that my algorithm is now classified as "munitions" and as
such must be considered highly explosive.  For safety's sake you all
should probably remove yourselves to approximately 300 meters from
any computer which has received my previous email.  The National Guard
may be required to remove my fork implementation from your machine.

Thank you for your understanding.

>[remaining message snipped for the sake of national security]
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".