Subject: trying to compile coolview-src.tar.gz (03 Nov)
From: [email-masked]

14 Nov 1997 07:56:36 -0800
Message-ID: <Chameleon.879517911.hassl.cygnus.gnu-win32@pc1>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=ISO-8859-1
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to compile the latest coolview-src.tar.gz (03 Nov),
but the generated cygwin.dll seems to be broken.

When I start a program I get the following error message:

The dynamic link library r could not be found in the specified path
....

dumpbin /imports new-cygwin.dll

Microsoft (R) COFF Binary File Dumper Version 5.02.7132
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1997. All rights reserved.

Dump of file new-cygwin.dll

File Type: DLL

         Section contains the following Imports

            kernel32.dll
                  B   Beep
                 71   FillConsoleOutputAttribute
....
                 46   setsockopt
                 47   shutdown
                 48   socket

            r
               636E0 time date stamp Mon Jan 05 18:07:44 1970
               636E8 index of first forwarder reference
               new-cygwin.dll : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek 
to 0x6945ca76

\winnt\system32\viewers\quikview new-cygwin.dll

....

r
Ordinal	Function Name

feff
7865	p.c, v1.5 1995/06/07 03:55:49 cgd Exp $
....

The "p.c, v1.5 1995/06/07 03:55:49 cgd Exp $" is a substring of the
rcsid of winsup/regexp/regexp.c

Thanks for any advice
Juergen

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".