Subject: Re: X11R6.3 binaries
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

13 Nov 1997 15:50:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 [email-masked] wrote:

> All this talk about X11R6.3.  I think it's really impressive, but there is
> one loose thread:  In Linux and other Unix flavors, you have a local
> loopback so that the X-server doesn't have to use the network to start up.
> It would make an enormous difference on useability of the X libraries if
> some localhost hack were built into the system.

Perhaps I missed something, but doesn't 127.0.0.1 work as a loopback
device (it seems to for me, but I haven't tried X)?

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".