Subject: g++ problem "-fno-implicit-templates"
From: [email-masked] (Russ Vreeland)

13 Nov 1997 11:42:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi:

I looked in the archives and found your small thread with Martin Goik.

I tried using the option in the subject, and instantiating templates
(is this what that means:

template class vector<transitions>; // last line in .cc file
// according to G++ FAQ dated September 14,1997
)?

It still doesn't work, the error message now contains:

SignalDB.o(.text+0x1668):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`uninitialized_fill
_n(sigActList *, unsigned int, sigActList const &)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x16e1):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`uninitialized_copy
(sigActList *, sigActList *, sigActList *)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x1707):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`uninitialized_fill
_n(sigActList *, unsigned int, sigActList const &)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x176c):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`uninitialized_copy
(sigActList *, sigActList *, sigActList *)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x22f9):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`__default_alloc_te
mplate<false, 0>::free_list'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x232a):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`__default_alloc_te
mplate<false, 0>::refill(unsigned int)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x2428):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`__malloc_alloc_tem
plate<0>::oom_malloc(unsigned int)'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x2961):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`__default_alloc_te
mplate<false, 0>::free_list'
SignalDB.o(.text+0x2d9c):SignalDB.cc: undefined reference to
`uninitialized_copy
(transitions const *, transitions const *, transitions *)'
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
MAKE.EXE: *** [sc] Error 1

What can I do to make this work? I'm about ready to give up on gnu-win32.

Please cc my email in responses. I'm not subscribing to the mailing list
(too many "deletes" :) )

****************************************
Russ Vreeland
IKOS Consulting Services
Carslbad, CA
****************************************
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".