Subject: Getting ntxlib to work with cygwin
From: [email-masked]

13 Nov 1997 08:37:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

One member of this mailing list suggested ntxlib as a possible basis for
non X-server Xlib development.  I downloaded the last version of
ntxlib.zip, several years old, dusted out its cobwebs, and got the
following when I tried to compile the test program.  (Oh yes, it wouldn't
compile with the cygwin <sys/types.h> for some reason, so I substituted a
<sys/types.h> from another compiler.)

bash$ ls -l
total 343
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone      334 Nov 13 11:18 Makefile
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone   231715 Feb 16  1994 OVERVIEW.DOC
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone      803 Nov 24  1992 README.TXT
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone   196392 Nov 13 08:50 Xnt.h
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone    40206 Nov 13 11:20 libX.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 500      everyone    63006 Nov 13 11:20 test.exe*
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone     2000 Nov 13 11:16 tst.c
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone     1545 Nov 13 11:20 tst.o
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone   119917 Nov 13 10:19 xlib.c
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone    37202 Nov 13 11:20 xlib.o
bash$ ./test
wait_for_any: WaitForMultipleObjects failed, win32 error 6
wait_for_any: Trying again.
bash$

From the Windows95 error message:

TEST caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00009924.
Registers:
EAX=0040037f CS=0137 EIP=00009924 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=00000000 SS=013f ESP=0253fe1c EBP=0253fe28
ECX=0253ff68 DS=013f ESI=81564d48 FS=0cbf
EDX=0253fe24 ES=013f EDI=81565124 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
00 08 89 46 ea f6 c3 02 75 0b 53 06 56 e8 28 ff 
Stack dump:
004063ba 00000000 bffb89c0 0253fe38 0040103b 81e58955 037f0500 0253ff78
bff88f75 81565124 81564d48 00000000 74736554 45584500 81564d00 00000000 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".