Subject: RE: Heap chunk size registry entry WAS: Towards a more user-friendly
From: [email-masked] (Julian Stoev)

13 Nov 1997 03:31:12 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.96.971113200139.20972A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@jriipl>
Reply-To: Julian Stoev <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello!
I found this group of messages and start to think, that may be the problem
has something to do with my recent troubles when using Cygwin with Matlab
generating DLL files. I am using the procedure to genarate DLL files for
MATLAB given it this mail list several months ago.

These DLL-s train neural networks and when I use DLL-s made with Cygwin,
some of them make errors. Only some of them do this. I did not test it
still, but the impression is that simle demos run OK, but real problems 
don't work. So the problem is something like "memory dependent". 

The same files work when compiled with Watcom, so I think the problem is
not in the source. As usual the amount of memory to train neural net is
quite big. My 64 MB RAM disapear even for modest size problems and here is
written about 4 MB limit...... 

Is it possible, that this key "heap_chunk_in_mb" can solve the problems? 
I read, that I need a key "heap_chunk_in_mb", but in the same time the
question is about DWORD value? May be the autor wants to say "value"
instead of "key"?

Thanks!

Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:49:53 +0100 (MET) 

     Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ] 
     Next message: raf: "Re: interesting problem with "find"" 
     Previous message: Geoffrey Noer: "Re: heap_chunk_size [was:] Towards
a more user-friendly cygwin.dll" 

Hi Ron, you wrote:

: After perusing the CDK source code I was able to find and verify the
: appropriate key. It is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
: Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0. The value must be named
: heap_chunk_in_mb and must be a DWORD value. BTW 4MB is the minimum.

Thanks, I'll investigate as time permits.
I did case blind searches in MSDN and Cygwin sources, but only literally
for heap_chunk_size!
Sergey/Geoffrey, can you please correct/enhance the error message to
the right name and mention the complete key in the source and FAQ?

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julian Stoev <[email-masked]>       - Ph. D. Student
Intelligent Information Processing Lab. - Seoul National University, Korea
Office: 872-7283, Home: 880-4191        - http://poboxes.com/stoev
!!!!! Use REPLY-TO: or remove "SPAMREMOVER" in my address

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".