Subject: Re: Focus-follows-mouse on NT?
From: [email-masked] (raf)

12 Nov 1997 17:35:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>> Go to the control panel, mouse, motion, and uncheck "Snap mouse to the
>> default button in dialogs".

>Doesn't completely help. This will indeed prevent the pointer from being
>warped to the default button; it will not, however, prevent the dialog
>box from getting focus in the first place. I believe Bertrand is seeking
>a way to do the latter.

>Personally, I'd be happy if the dialog got focus as long as the keyboard
>accelerators were disabled until I took some hard-to-twitch action. I
>have the same trouble Bertrand does; I'm merrily typing along in some
>window and one of these dialogs pop up. My keystrokes go into the new
>dialog, performing who knows what horrifying actions, and I hit the
>return key before I even noticed keystrokes went awry.

you could always learn to touch type :)

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".