Subject: Re: Focus-follows-mouse on NT?
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

11 Nov 1997 18:06:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
Cc: David Ascher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

> Go to the control panel, mouse, motion, and uncheck "Snap mouse to the
> default button in dialogs".

Doesn't completely help. This will indeed prevent the pointer from being
warped to the default button; it will not, however, prevent the dialog
box from getting focus in the first place. I believe Bertrand is seeking
a way to do the latter.

Personally, I'd be happy if the dialog got focus as long as the keyboard
accelerators were disabled until I took some hard-to-twitch action. I
have the same trouble Bertrand does; I'm merrily typing along in some
window and one of these dialogs pop up. My keystrokes go into the new
dialog, performing who knows what horrifying actions, and I hit the
return key before I even noticed keystrokes went awry.

Jason
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".