Subject: Re: co-existance on cygwin32 and uwin
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

11 Nov 1997 07:37:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked] (Kevin Hughes), [email-masked]

At 04:34 PM 11/10/97 GMT, Kevin Hughes wrote:
>I have been using cygwin32 for a few weeks now and am making progress slowly. I
>wished to try the uwin system and installed it.
>
>Both systems work - both have plus and minus points. One thing is causing me a
>problem - once uwin was installed my gnu system stopped working until I
changed the uwin /usr directory name. What appears to happen is that gcc
picks up the 
>/usr/include/x.? files. I dont understand why. I dont have this in any env. 
>variable or in any spec file. I think it only finds the uwin include if it cant
>find one in the cygwin tree. 
>
>Any ideas what is going on?
>
>
>
>Kevin

The traditional UNIX world uses certain hard-coded, default directories.
/usr/include is one.  If you have it and it is on the drive cygwin32 mounts
as "/", gcc will use it, regardless of what is there.  The solution you 
arrived at to avoid the co-existence problem is reasonable and workable in
this context.

Larry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".