Subject: Debugging
From: [email-masked] (Scott Warner)

10 Nov 1997 02:33:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Thanks for all your help!  I have isolated the problem to a binary file
read error.

	f.open("bindings.dat", ios::in | ios::binary);

	while (!f.eof()) {

		f.read((unsigned char*)(tok), sizeof(int) * 3);

	// code follows here to test data

	};

The data is written to this file in chunks of 3 integers.  Now, the file is
0 bytes because there is no data written.  When I test the file open I find
f.bad() and f.fail() both return nonzero values.  I feel this is probably
something simple, but can anyone tell me what is wrong here?  Will this
error always occur with 0 length files?  The bad() being set sounds...
well, bad.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".