Subject: Re: Download c language
From: [email-masked] (raf)

9 Nov 1997 18:03:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>>Mr. Boyd
>>I want to thank you a lot for your support
>>I download ftp://ftp.cygnu.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest
>>I am having a problem creating a /bin and coping to sh.exe
>>If you could help me I will be glad
>>Thanks
>>Abdul

>Abdullah,

>1st, most all on the list would be willing to help, so don't send your  
>questions directly to anyone responding, instead send your requests to 
>[email-masked].

>2nd, in order for anyone to help you need to be specific about the 
>problem.  Tell us how you are trying to create a /bin.  What, if any, 
>errors occur.  BTW it is best not to send attachments.

>The bin directory for gnu-win32 is /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin.

Surely, abdul must be referring to the /bin directory stated as necessary
in the readme file; the one that allows #!/bin/sh scripts to work.

the gnu-win32 bin may well be .../H-i386-cygwin32/bin or
..../H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin but there also needs to a bin directory
in the directory mounted as the root.

	e.g.

	mount -b "c:\\" /
	mkdir /bin
	cp /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe /bin/sh.exe /
	#  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wherever gnu-win32 has been installed

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".