Subject: 80 column text
From: [email-masked]

8 Nov 1997 23:45:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu <[email-masked]>

Recently a program called tinyfugue was ported to windows NT. But I
doubt this
is a tinyfugue bug. The bug is when you get say for example to lines of
80 column text
a blank line will appear between the two lines. I beleive whats going on
is when
it the 80th column is reach the cursors wraps to the nextline. now a ^M
is sent
causing the cursor to goto the next line. I beleive this to be a bug in
the ANSI/VT100
emulation layer. I have used many terminal emulation programs and never
seen
this kind of problem. Also I noticed flashing ansi is not supported. I
hope this gets
added in. I am a unix novice my self. But am extreamly empressed that
unix programs
can be ported to NT.

You think after time it will be possible to have a unix sub system
running under NT ?
Also I like how fast everything is. Here I was thinking god this is
going to be slow
with all this emulation and everything. But tinyfugue flies on a k6-233.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".