Subject: slightly off topic: gnu make and VC++
From: [email-masked] (Ulrich Lauther)

8 Nov 1997 01:14:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Unnerved by VC++'s gui, I tried to convert a generated *.mak file
to gnu make's syntax and to run make. This seems to work for generating
objects, but in the link stage I get an anresolved extern "operator new()".
link.exe seems to use some hidden libs, but I can't find out which ones.
Can anybody help? Here is the link command and the error message (newlines
inserted for readability):

link.exe /LIBPATH:/programme/devstudio/vc/lib kernel32.lib user32.lib
  gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
  oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib wsock32.lib libc.lib
  "C:\turbo\turbolib\turbod.lib" "C:\tcltk8.0\tcl80.lib"
  "C:\tcltk8.0\tk80.lib" /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:no
  /machine:I386 /nodefaultlib:"libcd.lib" wincat.obj /out:"wincat.exe"

  libcid.lib(_ios.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
  "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)"
  (??2@YAPAXIHPBDH@Z)
  wincat.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
-- 
	-lauther

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulrich Lauther          ph: +49 89 636 48834 fx: ... 636 42284
Siemens ZT SE 4         Internet: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".