Subject: Using gnu win32 compiled libraries with MS Visual C++?
From: [email-masked] (Pete Magsig)

7 Nov 1997 10:58:34 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Does anyone out there have any experience using gnu win32 compiled
libraries
under visual C++ apps? We have a situation where one development group
does most
of their work on Suns in a cygnus/gnu environment but is interested in
compiling some
of their libraries for another group that uses VC++ exclusively.

It is not feasible for the Sun-based group to migrate to NT, nor is it
practical
for the VC++ group to migrate to Suns (for business reasons). Can gnu
win32
act as an effective bridge if the Sun group is the supplier and the VC++
group
the customer?

Pete

P.S. I would appreciate it if my question doesn't generate the usual
"GNU Rules, Microsoft Sucks" and "Why use gnu when you can use the
'transcendent' Visual C++?" kind of rhetoric. I really just want to know
if anyone out there has
done this. Thanks in advance for your restraint.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".