Subject: Has anyone used the ported c++ on a multi-file project?
From: [email-masked]

6 Nov 1997 18:55:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I've been working at porting a public-domain Windows news reader to Cygwin 
using Unix makefiles in place of the (uggh!) Microsoft clueless-C
makefiles.  Somewhere in the middle of <sys/sockets.h>, c++ starts to give
error messages that don't happen with gcc.  I. e.,

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/winsock.h:769:
syntax error before `__attribute__'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\\cygnus-2.7.2-970404\\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/winsock.h:773:
syntax error before `__attribute__'

The identical thing happens if I `borrow' <winsock.h> from Borland.  I'm
pretty certain that, if you have a project that calls in <winsock.h> AKA
<sys/sockets.h> and compiles with c++.exe instead of cpp.exe, you'll get
the same error messages.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".