Subject: raw floppy access
From: [email-masked] (Daniel Roche)

6 Nov 1997 11:54:47 -0800
Message-ID: <199711061600.AA29475.cygnus.gnu-win32@ondee>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.43)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello, 

I have just install gnuwin32/b18 version on my NT , it is great !
but i have a problem to access raw floppy (with tar or dd) 

when typing : tar tvf /dev/fd0
i can see the floppy led flashing but i get :
tar: Cannot open /dev/fd0: No such file or directory

the mount command give :
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

is there something else to configure to make this working ?

excuse me if this question was already posted , but i can not find the respons 
if the two last month of mailing list archive !

===========================================================================
|  __/ _    _  o  _   /    /_) _   _  /  _   |       [email-masked]       |
| (_/ (_(_ / ) ( (-' /    /\  (_) (_ /) (-'  | May the source be with you |
===========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".