Subject: Re: ls -p very slow
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

5 Nov 1997 21:48:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: rale <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Derek Young <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, rale wrote:

> I thought those kinds of links were only usable for files tho?  At least
> from windows explorer you cant create links to directories...  Or maybe
> im wrong?

Yes, directories are files with the directory attrib set (at least that's
how I've understood them to be).  That said, I just right dragged a folder
called web, and there was an option to create a shortcut (from the
desktop). I'm sure the shortcut wizzard has similar functionality.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".