Subject: Re: Irrelevant MS ravings (was Re: Win 95 console business)
From: [email-masked] (raf)

5 Nov 1997 21:47:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>And if you think that gcc can compete with VC++, you have something coming
>to you. Unless there is a free visual user interface creation tool out
>there too bolt onto it.

don't be silly. these days we have free operating systems, compilers, ...
because people wanted it bad enough (or hadn't you noticed:).
if people want a free ide bad enough then they will create it.
if they don't, it doesn't matter (with regards to competition).
if there isn't one, i'd say that must mean it doesn't matter.
of course, gdb does have a gui so the process must be beginning...

>Look at the name of it: gnu-win32. Notice the win32 bit? This mailing
>exist would not exist without MS.

do you have a point to make here or are you just practicing your typing :-?

sorry for the irrelevance,
raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".