Subject: gnu-win32 on CDROM
From: [email-masked] (sjm)

5 Nov 1997 18:14:40 -0800
Message-ID: <9711052039.AA28719.cygnus.gnu-win32@frodo>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: "'Gnu-Win32'" <[email-masked]>

I installed b18 some time ago and got frequent stack error from commands like
grep and bash. I posted a log of my error trace and got no suggestions other
than I needed to remove a previous version. Since this was a virgin install
and I am not a PC guru I was stumped. Apparently something about my
configuration is unique since no one recognized the bug.

After not being able to use the tools for these several months I finally want
to solve this the right way, i.e. download the source and start learning and
debugging. Unfortunately I was just barely able to download the CDK through my
poor internet connection.

Does anyone know of a CDROM which has a reasonably recent version of gnu-win32
in source and binary so I can try again.

Also has anyone had luck building cross development tools with gnu-win32
native gcc tools? I would like to do powerPC and palm pilot development in the
gnu-win32 environment. That's part of the reason I want to start from source.
I would like to stay at the same gcc version for all three platforms. I do
this almost trivially on UNIC platforms and was hoping it was as easy under
gnu-win32.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".