Subject: Re: How to set up a DNS ?
From: [email-masked] (Charles Curley)

5 Nov 1997 13:56:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Pasa Guglielmo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

This is a bit off-topic.

Edit your hosts file. Unless you have more than, say, 20 PCs on your
private net, you don't need DNS. Do, however, get an IP address from the
Internic, as that will simplify the day you do put it on the internet.

At 12:37 4/11/97 -0025, Pasa Guglielmo wrote:
>I would like to set up my LAN, but I don't know how to setup a DNS
>(local DNS) on one of my PC. Can anybody give me hints ?
>-- 
>Sincerely yours,
>				Pasa Guglielmo
>------------------------------------------------------------------
>¦ homepage: http://www.omedia.ch/pages/gpasa/			 ¦
>¦----------------------------------------------------------------¦
>¦ e-mail  : [email-masked]       ¦  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40 ¦
>¦ mailing : Pasa Guglielmo        ¦  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44 ¦
>¦ 	    Rte des Cases 17A     ¦ 	  	  		 ¦	
>¦ 	 CH-1890 St-Maurice       ¦  prof.: physicist		 ¦	
>¦	    (Switzerland)         ¦				 ¦	
>------------------------------------------------------------------
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".