Subject: Re: Win 95 console business
From: [email-masked] (Robert Praetorius)

5 Nov 1997 11:47:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked] (Benjamin Constable)
Cc: [email-masked]

> And if you think that gcc can compete with VC++, you have something coming
> to you. Unless there is a free visual user interface creation tool out
> there too bolt onto it.

	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/amulet/amulet3
	/manual/Gilt.html#1031649

for one.  (Having not used it, I can't speak to the quality or 
versatility of it, it's just wunna those things I happened upon while 
grepping the web for something else. . .)  I would be surprised if 
there are not others.  And 

	http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd/

is a pretty nice visual debugger, although I haven't heard of any 
attempts to port it to a cygwin32 environment.

     This is not so say these have the same level of slickness or 
integration as commercial tools (although DDD is pretty darn nice), 
just that there are PD alternatives (with sources available).

-------p--a--s--s--i--o--n-----n--e--e--d--s-----a-----f--a--c--e-------
"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson    Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley    work: [email-masked]
(attribution by Stigler)     fun & recreation: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".