Subject: Re: ls -p very slow
From: [email-masked] (Chad Loder)

4 Nov 1997 23:30:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Cc: Derek Young <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Hmmm...I always thought shortcuts were those bloody *.LNK files which are
only valid from the GUI (they're just files, maybe with .INI syntax?). If so,
then I can't see how that would help. It's odd that MS didn't do symbolic
linking with NTFS. At least they have tab filename completion on NT's DOS box
though...

-chad

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Alex wrote:

> Along those lines, MSDN has some information on creating shortcuts.  If I
> ever get winsup to compile instead of gpfing, and randomly blechin out
> errors, I'd like to give this a try.

> On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Derek Young wrote:
> > NTFS supports extended file attributes (user defined) doesn't it?  Could an
> > ....

----------------------------------------------------
| Chad Loder - Somerville, MA, USA                 |
| EMail:     [email-masked]                        |
| Home Page: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cloder    |
----------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".