Subject: Re: How to set up a DNS ?
From: [email-masked] (Bartlee A. Anderson)

4 Nov 1997 20:48:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Pasa Guglielmo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

I'm not sure about why you want DNS for local PC's.
Typically you just load the names and addresses into your hosts
or lmhosts files. I think you'd need a real server (spelled un*x ;)
for dns, but I guess M$ might have something like that. Never studied
NT.

Pasa Guglielmo wrote:
> 
> I would like to set up my LAN, but I don't know how to setup a DNS
> (local DNS) on one of my PC. Can anybody give me hints ?
> --
> Sincerely yours,
>                                 Pasa Guglielmo
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> ¦ homepage: http://www.omedia.ch/pages/gpasa/                    ¦
> ¦----------------------------------------------------------------¦
> ¦ e-mail  : [email-masked]       ¦  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40 ¦
> ¦ mailing : Pasa Guglielmo        ¦  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44 ¦
> ¦           Rte des Cases 17A     ¦                              ¦
> ¦        CH-1890 St-Maurice       ¦  prof.: physicist            ¦
> ¦           (Switzerland)         ¦                              ¦
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-- 
Bartlee A. Anderson     |  Sys. Test (ISDN-Commands-Trans Link-Tools)
Rockwell International  |                Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.          |                    [email-masked]
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's  VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191     |                        FAX   (630) 227-9771
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".