Subject: Re: Xephem-3.0 on b18
From: [email-masked] (Pasa Guglielmo)

3 Nov 1997 19:09:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Arlindo da Silva <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Well it works great indeed :->

Are there any tips to get X-win32 starts faster as I have to wait
1 to 2 min until it open its display ?

Arlindo da Silva wrote:
> 
> Pasa,
> 
> >
> > I tried it and it works ...VERY SLOWLY... but it seems (at least)
> > to work correctly.
> >
> > If somebody has some idea to improve performance I will agree it.
> >
> 
> The first thing that I'd try is another X server. Try the demo X-win32
> frpm Starnet (see X11R6.3 README file for URL).
> 
> --
> Arlindo da Silva
> [email-masked]

-- 
Sincerely yours,
				Pasa Guglielmo
------------------------------------------------------------------
¦ homepage: http://www.omedia.ch/pages/gpasa/			 ¦
¦----------------------------------------------------------------¦
¦ e-mail  : [email-masked]       ¦  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40 ¦
¦ mailing : Pasa Guglielmo        ¦  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44 ¦
¦ 	    Rte des Cases 17A     ¦ 	  	  		 ¦	
¦ 	 CH-1890 St-Maurice       ¦  prof.: physicist		 ¦	
¦	    (Switzerland)         ¦				 ¦	
------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".