Subject: Copy and paste and the cygwin environment
From: [email-masked]

3 Nov 1997 05:22:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Out of curiosity, I substituted `mcedit', the GNU Midnight Commander text
editor, for `pico.exe' in the lynx configuration file.  When lynx called
the launch program to start mcedit, it came up without crashing the cygwin
stack, but wouldn't accept key strokes.  To be exact, it seemed as if
something was interfering with mcedit's reception of key strokes.  If you
typed a word in, the last two or three letters would be echoed on the
editor screen.

Since this doesn't happen with pico.exe, which is a DJGPP Dos program, and
since the current version of cygwin has problems with, e. g., copy and
paste operations in a Dos Window (which work fine with pico.exe), I assume
that, somewhere in that great callback function with the WM_KEYDOWN and
WM_CHAR cases, there are one or two minor glitches yet to be fixed.

It would really be nice if the next b19 release would have a gcc
command-line feature that let you link directly to things like luser32 and
lgdi32 without any connection whatsoever to the cygwin.dll environment.
Or, alternately, since this is the brave new world of 32-bit programming,
it would be great if the cygwin stack would be set up not to overflow when
overforked.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".