Subject: cvs: cvsadmin functions not working
From: [email-masked] (Urs RAU)

3 Nov 1997 04:33:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Dave (and all others)

I have downloaded the cvs and rcs binaries from your www site on 
geocities. Thank you very much for doing this port.
I have two questions:
1. I cannot find patches for cvs-1.9 on your site. Does that mean 
that cvs-1.9 compiles out of the box?

2. when I run with your executables I cannot get the "admin" 
functions to run in cvs. I get an error msg to the effect that I 
need to be part of the "cvsadmin" group.
my uid/gid is 500/500 and I have played around a lot. I have tried 
with me being part of the group "cvsadmin" or also without having 
such a group in "/etc/group".
Do you have any ideas what I could do?
Did you compile in a specific group number for cvsadmin? If so - 
what would that number be? (did it just take it out of your 
/etc/group file?)

Many thanks

Urs RAU

----------------------------------------------------------
| Operation Mobilisation,  UK Headquarters,  The Quinta  |
| Mr. Urs Rau, System Consultant, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY  |
| SY10 7LT, UK              Internet: [email-masked]  |
| FAX: +44-1691-773388             TEL: +44-1691-778378  |
| PGP 0CB40851 95/03/28 25044404C3EFE035A2E9FE3A9AE00C3F |
----------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".