Subject: TkMan with Win32 TCL stuff
From: [email-masked] (Chad Loder)

2 Nov 1997 17:39:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Does anyone know if it's possible (without major headaches) to get TkMan to
run under Win32?

Also, while I'm on the subject...I am familiar with UNIX tools, etc., and
the setup of GNU-Win32 has been fairly easy. My problem is that I'm having
trouble deciding on the best directory structure for my Windows NT system.

Right now, I have something like this:

E:\   (mount point corresponds to /)

     utils
         rktools
         gnu-win32
         mkstools
         (various other programs)
         rman
         DevStudio
     apps
         gstools
     Program Files
         WinZip
         WinRAR
         CRT (a great telnet/rlogin program!)
         (various other programs)

Now, I want to use .exe's from all of these directories, but I don't want to
add all of these directories to my path. I decided to make a /bin directory
and put symbolic links to my commonly used .exe's, but some of these require
DLLs and whatnot...how should I organize all this stuff? Most UNIX systems
I've used have been pretty huge and messy, with various packages and things
floating around in /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, and all of their
subdirectories, so it was pretty hairy.

I would rather not mess up my existing structure too badly...I'm of the
opinion that any program or script which absolutely requires a program to be
in a certain hard-coded directory is a piece of crap (e.g., requiring /bin/sh
to exist).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to organize my directories so I can
access my tools from the bash command line and still keep the tools separate?

-chad

----------------------------------------------------
| Chad Loder - Somerville, MA, USA                 |
| EMail:     [email-masked]                        |
| Home Page: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cloder    |
----------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".