Subject: help !! (newbee problem)
From: [email-masked] (casteeld)

2 Nov 1997 10:44:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

First let me say thanks to all who devote thier time to helping
newcomers 
like me to learn this stuff.

______________________________________________________________________________

I think my system is set up properly according to the READ.ME file
I have sucessfuly compiled and run the "Hello.c" program.

My next step was to attempt to compile the sample file from 
	http://www.relisoft.com/win32/winnie.html

Below are the setup steps, command line, and results

I must be missing something in the command line because I get
similar results from other sample programs I try to run.
Seems to be related to anything with an #include statement.

btw...... what is the STRICT compilation flag ?
I've looked all over trying to find out how to use it and can't find 
anything except the note that it must be used for compiling windows
files

______________________________________________________________________________

C:\>PATH=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\bat;C:\DOS;c:\scsi

C:\>gnupath

C:\>PATH=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\bat;C:\DOS;c:\scsi;C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin

C:\>SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\

C:\>SET LIBRARY_PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib;

C:\>PATH=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\bat;C:\DOS;c:\scsi;C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin

C:\>SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6

C:\>SET GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl

C:\>g++ -o .\tmp\winnie.exe .\tmp\winnie.cpp
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x8f):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`GetMessageA@16'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0xa1):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`DispatchMessageA@4'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0xea):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`LoadCursorA@8'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x149):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`CreateWindowExA@48'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x16d):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`PostQuitMessage@4'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x187):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`DefWindowProcA@16'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x1ac):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`ShowWindow@8'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x1b4):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`UpdateWindow@4'
C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x1c9):winnie.cc: undefined reference to
`RegisterClassA@4'
g++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

C:\>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".