Subject: Latest coolview: execv() broken?
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

1 Nov 1997 05:47:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

  A couple of weeks I reported that the last coolview had brought back long
waits before starting an application. I believe I have traced that back to
execv().

I have a little shell program which sets environment and what not, and
then starts the main application with

   execv(path,argv);

This creates a delay of a couple of a minute or so and the error message:

sig_send: WFSO error, pid 00, rc 258, signal 0, last signal 2, error 0

but the application starts just fine. I didn't have this delay problem
with older (summer or so) versions of coolview.

However, if I use 

   spawnv(_P_DETACH,path,argv)

instead of execv(), I get no delay, and everything works fine as well.

For the record: I am running b18 with Sergey's latest, on a pentium laptop
with 16 megs of RAM, win95. 

Thank you.

-- 
Arlindo da Silva    
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".