Subject: Newbie Compilation Question
From: [email-masked] (GBradfor)

31 Oct 1997 18:52:57 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

     Yet again I must apologize for the newbie nature of this question, but 
     perusing the archives has revealed no answer.
     
     I am compiling a very simple program for reading keystrokes.  
     Specifically, I wish to use GetKeyState().  I have included windows.h 
     in my program file, and I have linked with both user32 and glaux (the 
     latter of which I believe may be superfluous.).  The reason I have not 
     used the -mwindows option is that I am not trying to write a GUI-based 
     program, just to get access to GetKeyState.  In any case, I keep 
     getting the following two error messages:
     
     C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x3a):keystate.c: undefined 
     reference to GetKeyState@4
     C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cc0010001.0(.text+0x6d):keystate.c: undefined 
     reference to GetKeyState@4
     
     And, naturally, the link fails.  I have checked the libraries using nm 
     and have found that user32 and glaux appear to be where GetKeyState@4 
     is defined.  Apparently, I'm wrong.
     
     Any suggestions?
     
     /s/
     Pat Bradford
     
     Respond to:
        [email-masked]
                AND/OR
        [email-masked] (With the weekend coming up, this one is
                                preferable)
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".