Subject: Installing GNU texinfo 3.11 under cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Adam Taylor)

30 Oct 1997 15:24:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Folks,

I've been trying to install the GNU texinfo 3.11 package recently
(mostly so I can use the standalone info reader), and have been having
some problems.  I was wondering if anyone out there who has done this
could suggest what I might be doing wrong.

I'm using b19 with Sergey Okhapkin's latest patches (10/29/97), under NT
4.0 SP3.  Also, I have installed ncurses 1.9.9g, which seems to work,
all the
test programs and less (3.32) work just fine.  

When I built texinfo, in order to get the build to complete, I had to
comment out a few lines in info.c, which refer to the SIGWINCH signal,
which does not
seem to be defined by <signal.h> when _WIN32 is #define'd.  (Out of
curiousity: Is this signal part of the ANSI C standard signal.h header
file? I assume not...)  Other then that, everything compiled fine, I
installed the package, set INFOPATH to point to all the places it needs
to, and ran it.

Unfortunately, although the status bars at the top and bottom of the
window get displayed, nothing else does.  And when I press keys, it
seems like only every other key is perceived by info.

Do I need to install the termcap library?  I was under the impression
that ncurses implements the termcap API, so I shouldn't need to.  Is
this not right?  Why does ncurses include a termcap.h header file?

Thanks for any help.

Adam Taylor
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".