Subject: Re: cygwin.dll src question: fork()
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

29 Oct 1997 22:53:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

[ description of win32 fork() memory copying elided ]

Fascinating; I figured cygwin did it kinda like that, but the details
are interesting to hear.

Duplicating cygwin fd's from parent to child is easy, since the cygwin
dll knows all about them. But what about handles from Win32 APIs, ODBC
handles, etc.? Does fork() dupe them into the child? If not, has that
proven to be a significant problem for those of you building apps that
mix cygwin calls with native Win32 calls?

Jason
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".