Subject: case insensitive globbing broken
From: [email-masked] (Jon Willeke)

29 Oct 1997 16:16:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Globbing is broken in b18.  I scanned the archives, release notes, and FAQ
for case sensitivity issues, and I don't think this has been addressed.

If I have two files, foo.tmp and bar.TMP; ls *.tmp only returns foo.tmp.  ls
bar.tmp, on the other hand, returns bar.tmp.

I first noticed this problem when I grepped a bunch of text files for a
pattern that I knew was in more than one of them.  grep didn't preface the
matches with the filenames, because all but one of the files had an
uppercase extension.  The file with the lowercase extension was the only one
grep checked.

--Jon

Jon Willeke, Quality Engineer
InterSystems Corp.
One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".