Subject: RE: Using windows resource files
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

29 Oct 1997 05:58:20 -0800
Message-ID: <01BCE47E.3E2D4E20.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Mark Newnham'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>

Mark Newnham[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>Is there any way to include windows resource files into gcc compiled
>applications?  Alternatively, can someone point me to documentation
>(on-line or paper) which would permit me to code for windows widgets
>without them.

The resource compiler rcl is available from my homepage (see sig) as
is the program res2coff for making object files from .res files. The
basic way to use these is:

rcl -i foo.rc -r foo.res
res2coff -i foo.res -o foo.o
gcc -o foobar.exe foo.o bar.o

Hope this helps,
Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- [email-masked] - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".