Subject: Compiler
From: [email-masked] (Scott Warner)

28 Oct 1997 19:58:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Thank you for your help.  Linking to the specific Windows libraries with
-luser32 took care of most of the undefined references.  Still getting

D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\i386-cygwin32\lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.t
ext+0x1e):libcmain.cc: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
G__~1.EXE: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

in a simple "Hello World!" type program.  Is there a command switch or
environmental variable I am missing, or a library I am not linking?

I use

g++ -c -o winhello.o winhello.c
g++ -o winhello.exe winhello.o -luser32

Lastly, how do I reply directly to the mailing list?  (Instead of sending a
new message each time to [email-masked])

My purpose is to learn Windows 95 programming; I have been studying MFC
with MSVC 1.5, and want to program some simple Win 95 apps.  ("Learn the
basics")

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".