Subject: Re: patched CVS source code
From: [email-masked] (Jason Tishler)

28 Oct 1997 17:18:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> Derek Young wrote:
> > that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
> > port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
> > post the changes.
> 
> No patch required. Run configure, edit config.cache to force connect 
> function considered to be found, and run configure again. Make; make 
> install as usual.

Following Sergey's instructions (and using Sergey's latest DLL), I was
able to build a gnu-win32 version of CVS that functions properly with
local file system access.  Unfortunately, client access to a remote
repository (on a UNIX machine) failed (and hung) with the following
error message:

    ' from cvs serverning: unrecognized response `ok

Since client mode did not work, I did not go down the CVS server path.

Has anyone been successful building a working client/server version of
CVS with b18 and Sergey's DLL?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler                        Phone: +1 (212) 989-4455 ext. 2120
Box Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (212) 989-6817
161 Avenue of the Americas           Email: [email-masked]
New York, NY 10013 USA               WWW:   http://www.boxhill.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".