Subject: X11 calls in /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/libtk4.2.a
From: [email-masked] (Steven Bellenot)

28 Oct 1997 13:29:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I have my own widget for tk4.2 which uses many X11 calls like XCopyArea.
nm libtk4.2.a indicates it has several XCopyArea's (with different number
of underscores in front.) But the link is failing with 
undefined reference to these functions (with no underscore if that matters.)

[I had to copy the X11 include files from the tk4.2 source but I am using
the stock libtk4.2.a that comes with b18. So the files compile.] I believe
tk4.2 contains all the X11 calls I need in its windows version. 

Although I am experienced in many tasks I am relatively ignorant about
win32. (How ignorant? I had problems figuring out how to set the environment
variables [like TCL_LIBRARY] in autoexec.bat. I tried the csh way, the
sh way before I found a sample bat file with just set.) I see a
/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/tk42.dll but I am not sure how to look inside it
as nm does not work.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".