Subject: cpp - conditional expressions inder win95 differ to under Unix
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hughes)

28 Oct 1997 05:30:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I have been using the gnu tools on UNIX for some considerable time and find 
them very good. Recently I have been trying to move to NT :-( and have been 
using the gnu port to win32. I have had some problems that the list has 
managed to sort out or point me in the right direction. I have just come across
one I just cannot understand

I have code which has many tests for the OS on which it will run, done via 
CPP. Hence I have code like

#if PLATFORM_OS == solaris

#endif

#if PLATFORM_OS == win32

#endif

With the value of PLATFORM_OS being passed in via the build system I use.

This works great on SOLARIS/SUNOS/UNIXWARE (2.7.2/egcs etc) but I cannot get 
it to work on the Win32 environment. It apepars to go down all paths - as if 
PLATFORM_OS is not defined OR the individual checks are ALWAYS satisfied.

I have added a guranteed fail line

PLATFORM_OS

before any tests and get a compiler message indicating that win32 does not exist
so the value is right.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

	Kevin
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".