Subject: Using mount consistently to print
From: [email-masked]

28 Oct 1997 04:21:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

As long as you can do things like mount /dev/cdrom under cygwin's
bash shell, how about a mount /dev/lp option?

That way, Unix lpr can be used to print, and even do graphics printing
using the gswin.exe postscript interpreter.

You might check this out on your system, but I think cygwin bash permits
a call of the form:

	cat textfile > prn

Was this a loophole that you overlooked in the quest to make bash
impractical for Windows?

Œ
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".