Subject: HELP: Read in bash gives extra new-line
From: [email-masked] (Ineke van Arnhem)

28 Oct 1997 01:22:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I use the usertools from cygnus v. 1.8 as in a shell script I use
something like

echo -n "Text"
read var
echo -n "Text2"
read var2

If I type a value for var followed by Enter then the next read-statement
is not correctly executed.

If  I type a value for var followed by a "\" then the second
read-statement is correctly executed.

What solutions are there?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".