Subject: Re: patched CVS source code
From: [email-masked] (Andy Piper)

28 Oct 1997 01:22:06 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.1.32.19971028084310.0093c6f0.cygnus.gnu-win32@mailhost>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Derek Young <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

At 12:51 27/10/97 -0500, Derek Young wrote:
>I am looking for a patched version of the CVS source code.  In the
>mailing list archive, I found a set of patches that allowed CVS 1.9 to
>be compiled by B17.1 of the Cygnus GNU win32 tools
>(http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Feb/0631.html).  I believe the
>archive stripped out spaces from the patches, making them unusable.
>Does anyone have a patched copy of the source code that they could send
>me or send me a pointer to?  I don't need a binary version - I've found
>that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
>port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
>post the changes.
>
>Also, if anyone knows of the source for CVS that runs in server mode on
>NT (even for a different compiler) I am interested in that as well.

I believe it should build without patches if you use b18 and sergey's
latest patched cygwin.dll. I tried building it a while ago but was missing
socketpair(). Sergey has now implemented this so there is no reason why it
should not work straight off.

andy
   ___                ____         	Dr Andy Piper
  / _ \___ ________ _/ / Solutions_	(require 'disclaimer)
 / ___/ _ `/ __/ _ `/ / / _ `/\ \ /	[email-masked]
/_/   \_,_/_/  \_,_/_/_/\_,_//_\_\ 	boot /vmemacs

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".