Subject: UID for bash
From: [email-masked] (Pasa Guglielmo)

27 Oct 1997 20:19:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

HI,
How can I change UID for bash which appear
at the prompt using PS1="\u..."?
I'm using tha bash in the original b18 implementation.

The Sergei O. version 2.01 (in the patch of the X11R6.3
release with the new cygwin32.dll) seems bogus
as I cannot make it read the /usr/home/.bashrc
init file. Is there a workaround or something I can do.

Is it really a good patch as it seems to me that my system
hang more often since the installation of the new .dll/bash ?
-- 
Sincerely yours,
				Pasa Guglielmo
------------------------------------------------------------------
¦ homepage: http://www.omedia.ch/pages/gpasa/			 ¦
¦----------------------------------------------------------------¦
¦ e-mail  : [email-masked]       ¦  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40 ¦
¦ mailing : Pasa Guglielmo        ¦  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44 ¦
¦ 	    Rte des Cases 17A     ¦ 	  	  		 ¦	
¦ 	 CH-1890 St-Maurice       ¦  prof.: physicist		 ¦	
¦	    (Switzerland)         ¦				 ¦	
------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".